Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Toilet Paper Roll Stamps

So, I'm getting Pinteractive! And has seen these all over Pinterest lately. The boys and I decided to give it a shot.

First we took some empty TP rolls, and creased them into a heart shape. Note to self: Read the tutorial first. It actually suggested you tape it to maintain the top of the heart shape.

Aren't Parker's little hands cute?!

Next we put some paint into paper bowls, dipped and stamped. We watered the paint down a little bit because we were almost out of red and it made this cool bubble look.

Dillon got a little crazy with his and mangled the shape (hence the tape in the original tutorial).

We did about 10 sheets and plan to cut them up into cards for the neighborhood kids. We're going to add a bag of cookies (but we're waiting to get over these colds as not to get everyone in the neighborhood sick).

Parker tried painting the inside of his hearts, it failed miserably, but he was happy with the bubble effect - he got the filled in hearts he wanted without a big messy blob.

Overall, I think they came out okay. We had fun and that's what it's all about. Right?

Nannersp

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been hoarding our TP tubes for seemingly months now, although I haven't decided what to do with them. Those stamps are so fun!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute craft idea for the kids. In fact I was just about to let my daughter paint a little wooden egg we bought, I think I'll switch to this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete