Monday, February 27, 2012

Family Photo Op

I saw this photo idea on Pinterest a while back. Each kid wore a t-shirt with their ages on them. The Pinterest link doesn't work, but here's the results of my efforts.

My sister-in-law and I decided to do it for Grandma's Christmas present. I was put in charge of making the shirts and they came out super cute (if I do say so myself - and I do). They are just simple appliques. They boys picked out their fabrics - Sports for Parker and Lightening McQueen for Dillon. For the girls, I used a cute floral I had on hand.

We took the pictures around Halloween, so I fudged on the ages a little, since there were a couple of birthdays before Christmas. This worked out really well because Dillon got to wear his again for his fourth birthday party.

Here's Parker's number five.


And Dillon's four. He was very excited to wear it again at his party and has worn it several times since. It has Lightening McQueen on it, doesn't it? (I even had some fabric left over for some beanbags and a blindfold for Pin the eyes on McQueen game we made, but that's another story.)
It was tough getting all four kids together and to smile at the same time. The youngest was just under six months old and needed a little support from her cousins. My other niece kept getting up and doing funny things, like this.

I took almost 100 pictures, but we probably only had 10-15 usable ones. All in all, we had some fun, the kids got to play with their cousins and Grandma was pleased with the collage we made her. That's a success all around.
Nannersp

1 comment: