Sunday, June 26, 2011

Copycat Headbands

I love accessories. They're a great way to make my stay-at-home-mom gear look a little more polished. Right now it's necklaces and headbands.

I picked up this little beauty at Target for $7.99. I love the colors, but it slides out pretty easily (I have soft hair and "no hook" as a college friend once informed me - you know that little bump at the back of your head that helps headbands stay on).

I was thinking the other day that maybe one of those stay-put headbands might help keep it in place. Anyway, I have some scrap fabric left over from this great little tutorial from Make it, Love it. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/05/scrappy-camera-strap.html. My scraps were pretty similar colors to the original - I have a weakness for orange, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

My scrap was about 17 inches. I ironed in some seams and stitched it all around.

Then I did some accordian-like folds and pinned it in place.
I cut a piece of an old stay-put headband, the kind with the grips weaved in, about 6 inches long and popped that in the end.

After running several seams to hold the elastic in place, I checked the length and did the same on the other side.


Viola! New headband! Or two!

1 comment:

  1. Ok Becca I think you're going to have to make me one of these. Way too cute!

    ReplyDelete