Sunday, March 6, 2011

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

I made the best lunch today. After scouring the pantry shelves for about 10 minutes, I decided to make a quick chili. The hubs had to leave for work in 45 minutes, so I didn't have tons of time.

He once said that one of the things he likes best about me is my creativity. When it looks like there's nothing to eat in the house, I bust out with something yummy. Today was one of those days. He has already called dibs on the leftovers to take to work tomorrow.

Easy Peasy Pantry Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped into cubes)
1 ½ cups beef broth (I use Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian Beef Broth)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can black beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp dehydrated onions
Sprinkle of white pepper

Directions:
In a large stock pot, boil broth and add chopped chicken until cooked. This gives the chicken a nice flavor and cooks it very quickly.
Add onions, cumin and pepper to the pot.
Drain and rinse both cans of beans and add to the pot. Add tomatoes and return to boil.
Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add corn about 3 minutes before serving.
Top with grated cheese.

You're welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment