Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello. Is anyone out there?

So here goes. First entry to my new blog.

I'm Becca and have two wonderful boys - Parker (3) and Dillon (2). I'm an unemployed PR person with too much time on my hands. Growing up, I never imagined myself as a mom and I'm taking it day-by-day. I've learned some from my mommy friends and learned even more from the crazy boys I love so much.

Here are some of the things I've learned recently (in no particular order):
1. Training potties are gross. Even though I've been changing diapers for over three years now, nothing has prepared me for cleaning out that nasty thing.
2. Cleaning poop out of underwear is worse than cleaning it out of a diaper.
3. Potty training is more about training Mom, than training the kid.
4. Arts and crafts projects never turn out like you think they will.
5. Daddies will use any excuse to get out of doing something for your kid. "He said he wanted Mommy to do it" doesn't cut it.
6. Just because it's on PBS, doesn't mean it's good. For the record, I find Barney, The Big Green Rabbit and any other show with life size puppets annoying.
7. Just because it looks easy on HGTV doesn't mean it is.
8. No matter how much you claim to be in charge, you aren't.

Okay. I'm starting to rant here. That's not the point. If you've ever found yourself without a clean diaper and scooped the poop out and put it back on, let your kid sleep with 100 Matchbox cars, parked by the produce door rather than the toy one at Target, or let the kids eat dessert for dinner because the fridge was empty, then this blog is for you. Keep reading.

1 comment: